Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29 (King James Version)
It is great to know the Bible. In a society that has become illiterate in spiritual truth, you really do not have to have an incredible knowledge of God's Word to understand more than those around you. As a regular student of the Scriptures, I would say that I have a good grasp of the meanings and teachings of the Bible. I think I can explain most truths in a clear articulate way that helps people to learn what God is saying to us.
But I must admit, I still struggle applying what I have learned. Sometimes I do not obey it's teachings and fall short of God's will for my life. The above verse is one that I have known for years, having memorized it a long time ago. The sad thing is, I think I am just now learning to apply it to my life. I do not always say the right things, in the right ways, at the right times. This has been the verse I look at as I read my devotions. This has been the verse that I meditate on more than any other over the past few months. I think I am improving. I hope I am having a kinder tongue. But I fear that maybe I have not come as far as I should have.
Maybe you have encouraging words that seem to flow out of a mouth of kindness, well praise the Lord! Or maybe you are somewhat like me. Take some time to focus on speaking ENCOURAGING WORDS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment